Fall is in the air. We entered the autumn equinox last week and I am thrilled. Usually, in Dallas, the scorching summer weather lasts till end of October but mother nature appears to be kind this year. We already had few fall like days.
Before getting started with the warm spices and cozy fall flavors, I wanted to bid good bye to summer with a vibrant, fresh, colorful salad.
Bell peppers, sweet peppers, capsicum whatever you call them are packed with nutrients and a broad range of antioxidants. This healthy sautéed salad retains concentrated nutrients and brings the best flavor of bell peppers. This is a great salad to enjoy as is or can be served as a side dish. I like it hot, but it’s great when it’s cold as well. If you are not serving as salad, this goes well as a side with bread, rice, or biryani.
Good bye summer and welcome Fall!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 – 3 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon sugar
- ½ tea spoon roasted chili powder(roast chili pepper and then crush/grind)
- 4-5 drops of lime/lemon
- Wash and slice bell peppers.
- Heat a frying pan and add oil and garlic.
- When fragrant, add salt sugar and chili powder. Add few drops of water if needed.
- Add sliced peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes, more if you don’t like your salad crunchy.
- Add lemon juice. Serve hot or cold.
Adjust sugar, chili powder, lemon juice according to taste.