Savory Oatmeal Cookie With Nigella Seeds

Oatmeal Savory Cookie 4

I hate to throw away food.  I’m usually the only one at work lunches who maybe asking for a to go box.  By now, most of my coworkers know that I do not like to waste food and some of them are actually inspired by it.  BUT….I have a confession to make.

Oatmeal Savory Cookie 3

There have been little too many batches of burnt cookies in my life.  Needless to say all those batches needed to march towards the trashcan.  My mom has never been a fan of the idea of me cooking.  Therefore, I wasn’t allowed to cook during my teen years but I could bake once in a while.  While I had baked great cakes often, I haven’t tamed cookie baking until recently.

Oatmeal Savory Cookie 1

Last fall, to be exact.  After all those burnt cookies during my teen years, I haven’t baked cookies until last fall…and..voila!!  Hubby loved them and slowly I regained my confidence.

Oatmeal Savory Cookie 2

These oatmeal cookies are not your sugar rich usual oatmeal cookies.  These are savory with a slight hint of sugar flavored with cardamom and nigella seeds.  The nigella seeds become aromatic during the baking process giving a slightly peppery and smoky flavor when you bite on a piece of the seed in the cookie.  I can munch on them all day long.  You’ll have to bake a batch and savor these delectable and healthy cookies to know how good these are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1. says

Lail: What gorgeous pictures!!! Judging by your description and ingredients, these cookies are kind of coffee cookies because they are not sweet. I love the fact that they have cardamom, one of my favorite spices.

2. says

Looks so good! I have been looking for what people call “nonta biscuits” in Bangladesh. I will give this a try once I have some time. Quick question, do you powdered the oatmeal yourself? And if I were to use ready made cardamom powder, how much should I use?

• says

Thanks, Hana. I just used rolled oats and powdered in the food processor. I’ve never bought cardamom powder so I am not sure about the intensity of flavor in the packaged powder. However, I would think about 1/4 teaspoon should be a good start. Hope this helps.

As for your other question, I think “nonta biscuit” is called what you said, nonta biscuit :) Are you asking about nankhatai?

3. says

Thank you for visit my blogso we can share our yummy recipe from now on,nice to meet you here,Btw the oatmeal cookies looks yummy and stunning:)

4. says

Love your savoury cookies and I am happy you mastered cookie baking! These are good for you in more than one way, especially with the addition of nigella seeds. I love the cardamom too.

5. says

These were the best cookies!!!! My absolutely favorite cookie is an oatmeal raisin cookie but I had never made them before in my life. I always go with chocolate chip cookies b/c that’s what everyone always asks for. I am in love. I whipped up 2 batches to give away for Christmas gifts and made a batch for myself! I baked mine at 325 for about 12 minutes. I also stirred in 1 tsp of cinnamon in with the dry ingredients. Thanks so much for posting!