Skip Chinese takeout tonight and bring out the wok to make a stir-fry packed full of vegetables. Stir fry dishes are healthy, quick and easy to prepare and most often ready under 30 minutes. If you are hungry for a healthy stir-fry dinner, this Broccoli and Beef Stir fry is a fabulous choice. It’s an easy variation of the classic Chinese beef and broccoli recipe and will not disappoint.
[tp not_in=”bn”]Whether you’re on the run or just looking for a quick and easy meal, stir-fry recipes are the way to go. The trick to good stir-fry is working with a very hot pan. A well-seasoned wok or a cast iron frying pan works great for stir frying. Cooking on high heat allows the meat and vegetables to sear without getting mushy or overcooked at a very short time.[/tp] Seriously, the classic Chinese beef and broccoli stir fry recipe can be made in less time than it takes to get your take-out.
[tp not_in=”bn”]Get creative, if you want, and add your favorite vegetables to create your own delicious beef and vegetable stir fry. Try substituting chicken, shrimp or tofu for the beef and add a healthy mix of vegetables, some shredded carrots and maybe some baby corn.[/tp] We like the beef and broccoli stir fry with rice but you can serve over noodles or large lettuce leaves as lettuce wraps.
- 1 lb lean sirloin beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ½ cup broth, divided
- Florets of 2 broccoli heads, (about a pound)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or according to taste
- ¼ cup water
- Combine cornstarch, salt, black pepper and 2 tablespoon soy sauce; add beef and marinate about 5-10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick wok or deep skillet over medium-high. Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Transfer meat to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add ginger and garlic to the same pan and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour ½ cup broth to same pan; stir to loosen any bits on food on bottom of pan. Add broccoli.
- Cook tossing occasionally and sprinkling a tablespoon water now and then, if needed, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a cup, stir together water, remaining soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir into pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to pan; toss to coat and serve.
You can substitute broth with water. When I am out of stock, I often just use water and the dish is still flavorful.
P.S. Have you tried my other healthy, delicious, amazingly tasty Shrimp and Tofu Stir fry? It’s one my most popular recipe on pinterest. Pin it for future meal ideas.