In the scorching summer heat in my part of the world, it’s often nice to be able to fix a healthy meal that requires no baking or cooking. Something light and refreshing that can be put together in a heartbeat. Partnering with Castello for a Summer of Blue, I’m munching on a delicious muhammara pita pizza as I write this. No baking or cooking required. Think of this delicious muhammara flatbread as pizza that crossed Middle eastern dip.
The nutty-hot flavor of muhammara makes a fiery base for this pizza. Fresh cucumber and mint adds an amazing refreshing touch to the pita pizza.Topped with Castello blue cheese, the whole pizza comes together in less than 5 minutes. Whether it’s lunchtime or dinnertime, you can relish this hearty and satisfying pizza anytime.
Whether you are gathering out at the park or just need a break from the summer heat, grabbing a pizza is the perfect way to enjoy the company of your friends.
- 1 pita bread
- 2-4 tablespoon Muhammara (homemade or store bought)
- 1 medium Persian cucumber, cubed
- Dash of sumac
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Castello Blue cheese
- Toast the pita or warm the bread in the microwave.
- Spread muhammara on the pita.
- Add the cucumber and sprinkle some sumac and sesame seeds.
- Top with blue cheese and mint.
You can vary the taste by topping the pizza with goat cheese too.