Ramadan/Eid countdown calendars are a good motivational and educational tool for kids to learn about Islam, Ramadan and fasting(read my opinion HERE). I invited Areeba of Mint Candy Designs to share how she plans to use Ramadan countdown calendar for her child. She adds a good deed for each day of Ramadan to highlight the spiritual side of Ramadan to her little one. Let’s find out how she plans to incorporate this tool for here family.
Salam and hello everyone!
This is Areeba from Mint Candy Designs and I am honored and excited to be writing this guest post for With A Spin. Today I will be sharing a good deed reminder designed for Ramadan! This is a perfect way of getting in the Ramadan Spirit and a fun activity to do with your little ones. My motivation for making this was to have a fun, lighthearted yet meaningful daily activity that our one year old could do with my husband and myself. Of course she is too young to truly comprehend the meaning of the activity, but it is never too early to start instilling the true meaning of Ramadan and all its blessings.
1. Brown Paper Bags
2. Colorful Mini Doilies
3. Mini Clothes Pins
4. Chalk board labels or other labels of choice
5. Chalk Ink Pin or a Sharpie if using paper labels
6. Daily Good Deed Reminders – downloaded HERE
7. Ramadan Reminders – found HERE
1. Use your Chalk Ink Pen to write out the numbers 1 through 30 on your labels.
2. Next, print and cut out your daily Ramadan good deeds, and reminders. Then, fill each bag with candy, and the appropriate daily cut outs.
3. Lastly, fold over the top of the brown bag and close off with a folded paper doily and clothespin to hold the label in place.
4. Arrange in a location of choice – I chose a reproduction vintage tool caddy; you can use a tray or a shelf in your home where you can easily access this fun DIY on a daily basis.
5. Open daily after Iftar to plan your good deed for the following day and enjoy some sweets for completing the good deed for that day!
I hope this post was interesting to you and leaves you inspired to make your very own DIY Ramadan Daily Good Deed Reminder! Drop by on Instagram and my blog and say hello and share your photos on social media with the hashtag #MintCandyDIY.