Milk and cookies as an afternoon treat is nostalgic. There is nothing more tantalizing than the smell of freshly baked cookies and there is nothing more satisfying than warm cookies paired with a glass of milk. Whether you are trying to recreate your favorite childhood memory or looking for that perfect baking project to try with your kids, this simple yet irresistible chocolate cookie will fill your heart with joy.
If you are are curled up at home in your pajamas and a sudden craving hits for warm chocolate cookies and a tall glass of cold milk, we’ve got you covered too. This irresistible chocolate cookie recipe only uses pantry staples.
- 1 cups unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for about a minute and half.
- Add egg slowly and mix. Scrape down the bowl with your spatula at least once and mix again.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. (Flour, cocoa powder and salt).
- Add all of the flour mixture to the bowl. Mix on low speed until dough clumps around.
- Roll the dough out between 2 large pieces of parchment paper. Place on a baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough further if you need to, and cut out cookie shapes. Place cutout cookies on lined baking sheet. We used With A Spin Islamic shape cookie cutters.
- Re-roll scraps and repeat.
- Put cookie dough shapes back into the fridge for 10 minutes to 1 hour to chill again so they hold their shape better when baked.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 176°C.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes or until the center of the cookie no longer looks wet.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature and decorate!
Cookie baking time depends on thickness and size of cookies. For example, With A Spin star shape cookie cutter will take less time than the masjid cutter due to the cookie cutter size.
P.S. If you would like to use the Islamic shape cookie cutters for this recipe, you can find the cookie cutter set here.